Thursday, 8 December 2016

Fast Editing Preparation

Just before the chorus there is a very quick 7-9 beats. We wanted to include no narrative in the fast bits as it would be complicated so we put in quick random shots that would stand out. We then decided that Ffion felt more comfortable doing as she had previously done the quicker shots in the beginning. I then used the same principle as the lip syncing by writing in. I then could continue my editing knowing that Ffion would go back to edit it at the end.

During the chorus which is very quick I also left that for Ffion. Whenever the beat dropped to go into the chorus I left it blank right at the moment the music changed. Then as soon as the chorus finished I when straight back into editing with shots that then fit the beat on the song. This is so that I could continue with the steady narrative and get the times right for the lip syncing.

Furthermore I had to consider all the timings of the lip syncing and matching the beat. For example if the lip syncing started on 1:23 and I put another clip in before it that was 0.8 then the timing would be out. I had to constantly go back and check that what I was filming previously wouldn't effect the rest of the videos timings.



No comments:

Post a Comment